August 29, 2023
£65 - £75 per hour
Job Reference: 49679270
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Contract (12 months)
Up to £80per hour
Are you ready to take the next step in your career to work on firmware development for cutting-edge devices in the heart of the UK’s tech hub?
We are in search of a skilled and seasoned Firmware Engineer to carry out the entire lifecycle of embedded software development. Collaborating closely with our team of Hardware Engineers, you will play a pivotal role in the conception and development of novel sensors or communication terminals, taking great satisfaction in these endeavors.
- Writing firmware for the various controllers on board;
- Implementing algorithms for sensor data processing;
- Developing secure over-the-air update capability;
- Ensuring proper embedded system quality by following industry-standard processes.
- Design and implement software for embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug system software
- Review code and design
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Solid programming experience in C for embedded systems
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools
- Excellent knowledge of microcontroller programming, IP and wireless protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
We are seeking an individual who quickly grasps new concepts, excels in demanding situations, and employs a blend of imaginative and methodical techniques to address challenges. As a collaborative team member, you relish contributing to a dedicated group, possess innate curiosity, and assume accountability for your tasks.
If this sounds like you and you are looking to take the next step in your career then please contact me at 0117 422 0192 or email me at email@example.com
5V Tech are acting as an Employment Business for the purposes of this job vacancy. We offer a reward scheme if you can recommend someone for this position, up to £250 for you and an additional £250 to a charity of your choice, 5V Tech are recognised talent solutions experts within IoT and Deep Tech working across Europe, the UK and North America.